Thursday, September 9, 2010

Questions

1. Name,  e-mail
Dakota T Smith,  Dakota.s@zoho.com
2. What’s your major? What year will you graduate?
Art Direction. 2014
3. Why did you choose a photography class (or photography as a major), and what do you hope to learn from school in general and this class specifically?
As an Art Direction major I need to be familiar with different types of art media. A general knowledge about painting, drawing, photography, and design is required to interact with professionals in today's Advertising world. I hope to refine my existing skills and improve my technique. 

4. What are your goals after graduation? Please list your goals in reverse order, starting five years out, then three, two, one, and six months.
5 years after graduation I will be a Creative Director with the Richards Group or a similar organization. 3-1 years after graduation I will be working my way up the Advertising latter, working with and learning from my peers gaining their respect so to be the leader they need and deserve. 6 months after graduation I will have a job working with an Advertising agency.

 5. What artists, musicians, photographers, writers, movies, books have influenced you/your work?
Henri Cartier - Bresson , The Decisive Moment (photograph) has always been one of my favorite works of art, in my mind it is what photography is all about.
Chema Madoz, Her sense of humor and clear "story telling" has inspired me to try and incorporate that style in my work
Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now is the book that I have to thank for where I am now, and my understanding
6. Where do you get information about current national and international events?
The Internet is where I get the vast amount of my current news.
7. Are there any important websites that you are referencing for art/photo competitions and/or information?
Good-Tutorials - Great place to find some cool tricks
8. What museums and/or galleries have you been to in the past year?
PDNB Along with quite a few galleries on Dragon St. In the design district of Dallas
9. Have you had any photo projects and/ or training in the past?
I am a Freelance Photographer for interior designer looking for interior documentation for contests and their web sites. Also I have had 4 years of digital photography from Parish Episcopal In Dallas.
10. What is the value of art for the artist?
 
I look at art as a form of expression, some people are good at numbers or using the language in creative ways. To me the value of art is intrinsic expression of the artist reality.
11. What is the value of art for the audience?
To the individual who is experiencing the art, is granted access to the creative vision of the artist. This insight can serve to spark discussion about human nature or simply the aesthetic value of the art.
12. Is photography a vocation or an avocation?
I believe that photography is both vocational and avocational. Some people are called to be photographers by day others take to the streets by night. In the technological world we live in, it is hard to find anyone with out a digital camera. More and more people are picking them up and documenting the world around them. The ends often dictates the means in weather the individual will take it up as a vocation or simply keep it as a hobby. 
13. What is your passion?
I passionately pursue truth, understanding, and wisdom.
14.What are you afraid of? What makes you uncomfortable?
I actively work on understanding and overcoming my fears, because I believe that fear will hold you back from greatness.
15. Do you have a passport?

Yes I do have a Passport

No comments:

Post a Comment